1. Where did you go to college?
I went to college at Siena College in Loudonville, NY. There I got my BA in English with a Certificate in Education in 1996. While at college, I played Division I softball and soccer. I made great friends and still talk to them! After college, I got my Master's through Cambridge College in Education.
2. Do you have any kids?
You bet! I have three kids: Casey, 9, Carson, 6, and Emma, 3. Emma blessed our clan in May of '07. She's so cute and cuddly. Casey plays basketball at the Armory in North Adams and loves animals and dinosaurs. Both of the boys are currently playing football in Adams. Carson is a big Scooby-Doo and Star Wars fan. My husband, Mike, and I have been married for 10 years.
3. What do you do when you're not teaching?
Well, I keep pretty busy. First, I am the Varsity soccer coach here at Drury. I am also the Yearbook advisor and a big proponent of Service Learning. And I am the co-advisor of the Junior Class; my cohort is Mrs. Hamilton. I also love to exercise, take pictures and eat ice cream!
4. What do you like about Drury?
I love my job at Drury. Every day is a new day, full of great memories. I especially love the students who make my job loads of fun. Students are sincere and fun to be around.
5. What's your favorite unit?
That's a tough one. I love Mythology because it's creative, but right now I'd have to say that Tears of a Tiger has captured so many students' interests. For my seniors, I'd have to say that my favorite unit was The Great Gatsby.
Mez's Favorites :)
2. Derek Jeter (notice the placement...haha)
3. Dave Matthews Band...especially with TITA:)
4. Ice Cream, especially Cold Stone and The Rainbow Shack
5. Food: any kind and a lot of it!
6. New York City with my best friend, Amy
7. Cuddling with my kids watching a movie
8. Coaching Soccer
12. Family, Friends
13. Mrs. Bedard's corny jokes and now Jonathan
14. Lucas Hamilton:)
15. I have an obsesion with three-whole punches